I've been thinking about art gallery that I 'd visited and my conclusion for a "successful" space for displaying art would be the way that the circulation leads us to look at the art and given us a memory/experience for reflection when we left the art gallery/exhibtion.

In site one,visitors would pass through a very nosiy street and a quiet rear lane.
my idea of the art gallery is to create a transitional space, as well as meeting place for public to appreciate the contemporary art and conceive the message that is inspired by the painting.
As the artist, Yue min jun 's art work often giving out message of the social environment that leads us to reflection.
note: yue min jun is a "Cynical Realist"

I've produced some drawings showing the relevant surrounding of the site, the very strong element comes up in my mind is the canopy in Kingstreet as well as the people's movement.
I'd like to bring the this circulation into my design ,in which give public diff. rooms for appreciate of art as well as reflection.
my preliminary design
No comments:
Post a Comment