Saturday, March 21, 2009

ARCH1201-2009

Project 1 ARTIFICE week1-week4






Eileen Gray's Tempe a Pailla,Castellar 1932-34






street facade of tempe a pailla[1]

Tempe a Pailla is the second house that Eileen built,while still building E1027 she bought some plot in castellar,it was a very small plot up in the steep winding mountain,

Eileen was not only designing the house but also the entire interior.




I was assigned to study Tempe a Pailla by Eileen Gray in 1932-1934,
in week1&2 my study was based on the text and photos of the villa that I found in the state library,
I try to draw some freehand parti diagram and understand the building in a 3 dimensional way by making a study model .




Week1-2




my freehand parti dwg above


& study model of tempe a pailla below








[1] Eileen Gray, architect/designer / Peter Adam.New York : H.N. Abrams, 1987.

No comments:

Post a Comment